Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Deep in the heart of Texas!

 

 

When I lived in New Jersey, I used to attend all the concerts of TMK that happened in the area from Boston to DC. (Yes, fanboy, I know!)  During one tour of his, I would get to listen to him in Boston, New York, New Jersey, and DC, with one or two more concerts in Connecticut and Pennsylvania thrown in as well. After I moved to Texas, this list shrunk to Austin, Houston, and Dallas. This year, I was a bit disappointed that only two of these three cities are hosting a concert and depriving me a third of the pleasure of listening to him live. 


North America Tour Schedule

How has the tour been so far? Four of the ten concerts have been completed. I have been talking to fellow enthusiasts and this is what has happened. 

 

San Diego: This tour started with a concert that featured two violins and two mridangams. I heard a few snippets from the concert that the organizers had posted on Facebook, and it was wonderful. I could only imagine how the entire concert would have been.

 

Austin: I attended this wonderful concert and have written about it here -   https://elavasam.blogspot.com/2024/04/friends-in-concert.html.  




 

Boston: A friend of mine who was at the concert told me that it was a Kedaragowlai master class. That is one of my favorites and I hope one day I get hold of a recording of this concert just to listen to this. 

 

Toronto: This concert had some songs I love listening to such as Raave Himagiri, Sri Nathadi Guruguho, Soundararajam. Someone who attended this concert has written about it here - https://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36328. It is interesting that he has chosen to mention the sensitivity of Bhaskar and Sivaraman in accompanying and terming the performance as ‘Friends in Concert’, which is the same term I had used as well.

 

Next up is in Dallas. The team is going to perform in Dallas on April 14th. Being the Tamil New Year’s Day, I have a feeling that this concert is going to be something extra special.  I have my tickets booked and Insha Krishna, I should be there to listen to this concert in person. 


Here is the link to concert details - https://www.indianoctaves.org/event-details-registration/tm-krishna-carnatic-classical


I am looking forward to meeting fellow music enthusiasts from Dallas and having a great time.   

 

0 comments: